2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Dr Robert Falconer-Taylor at our address COAPE Ltd, Long Meadow, New Road, Mepal, Cambridgeshire, CB6 2AP, United Kingdom.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. The Centre of Applied Pet Ethology collects data from you in 3 ways –
- 4.1 When you enrol on one of our courses: We share some of the personal information you provide with 2 third parties – A. The Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The ESFA is an executive agency of the Government Department for Education. They provide us with a Unique Learner Reference Number (ULRN) for you, which you need in order to enrol on a Regulated Qualification course. In order to obtain your ULRN, we must provide the ESFA with your name, address and date of birth. For more information about the ESFA CLICK HERE. B. Certa. Certa is our Awarding Organisation and our Accreditation/Regulation Service provider. Our Regulated Qualifications are registered with Certa, listed on the Regulated Qualifications Framework and recognised by Ofqual. For more information about Ofqual CLICK HERE. In order to enrol you on one of our Regulated Qualifications, we must register you with Certa. This requires that we provide them with your ULRN, name, date of birth, gender, employment status and ability status. For more information about the Certa CLICK HERE. For our unaccredited courses, we do not share your information with any third party.
- 4.2 When you contact us via a Contact page: You provide us with your name, email address and any other information relevant to your enquiry. This information is sent to our office via email where one of our staff deal with your enquiry. Your email address is not added to a mailing list. We do not share any of the information given to us with third parties unless specifically requested by you to do so.
- 4.3 When you sign up for our free e-newsletter: You provide us with your name and email address. This information is saved in our Mailchimp account database. We do not share this information with any third parties.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
6. When you make a payment on our Website to The Centre of Applied Pet Ethology for one of our courses, you pay us directly via transfer of funds from your bank to ours – you are in complete control of the process. We do not use third party payment processors and we never ask you to provide us with your debit/credit card details. If we have agreed to pay you a refund, then we ask you to provide us with your bank account details so we can transfer the money directly.
Use of your information
7. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- 8.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- 8.2 If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- 8.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- 8.4 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
9. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
10. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
11. If you do not want us to use your data for our use, you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
12. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at email@example.com at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
16. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
18. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
21. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
22. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
24. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
25. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
26. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: MAY 2018